The Great Pumpkin Challenge!


I am joining a couple of friends this month to do a weight loss/get healthy challenge.  Yes, AGAIN!  Since I celebrated my Birthday the ENTIRE month of September, I have some major damage control to deal with!  I don't know what got into me.  I just flushed my rules right down the toilet.

Do you hear that?

FLUSH

That was every single one of my rules I try to live by going down the toilet!  Ugh!

This pretty much explains it in a nutshell....



And this.....


And boy do I have LOTS of regret from this past month!

I could ask, "What is wrong with me?"  "Why can't I handle NOT being an a diet?"  "Why do I love to eat so much?"  "Why can't I have company without eating everything in sight?" etc.....  I could seriously go on, and on, and on.

But, I'm not going to do that.  I'm going to press forward!  I will reclaim my healthy lifestyle again!  I will find my confidence again!  I know where it is.  It's within my reach.  It's only about 6 (or so) pounds away!  I have not weighed yet.  I will wait and weigh on Wed.  I need a couple of days of drinking LOTS of water before I weigh.   I hope it's not as bad as I'm thinking it is, but my pants tell me it is, so.....

So, here I go again!  Today is Day 1 of the "Great Pumpkin Challenge"!  What's with the name, you might be wondering?  Well, a friend suggested we lose 1 pumpkin this month.  We estimate our pumpkins weigh somewhere between 8 - 10 pounds.  So, that sounded like a great goal!  We have created a private fb page to share with each other daily, swap recipes and just encourage each other.  I am very excited!  I can't wait to get back on track again!  I feel so much better when I am eating right!

So, here I go again!  Wish me luck!

This is strictly for myself and accountability purposes.  (If I know my 2 followers are reading this, it will keep me honest and inline!)  ;)

B - ban/bb/spinach/van protein shake
S - apple, raw almonds
L - strawberry/spinach/van protein shake, flax seed, gluten free chips
S - rice cake w/almond butter, greek yogurt w/bb
D - turkey bowl w/brown rice, 1/2 avocado

Water - 48 ounces (pathetic)
Exercise - 20 min bike, stair runs, body pump

I should not have had the rice cake AND yogurt for snack.  I will choose one or the other next time.  I also have to drink more water!  Other than that, I am pleased with my first day back in the saddle!

Let's do this!



Comments

Popular Posts