Potty Training Diaries

Ok, so I set this blog up to be able to "journal" things that I want to remember in the future, or things I may want to share with the boys in the future when they are old enough to appreciate them for themselves. So, our latest task has been potty training Jack. We attempted to potty train him when he turned 3, but he was definitely NOT ready yet! We tried again a month later and he was STILL not ready. I kept telling myself he will do it when he is ready and just tried not to stress over it! I knew he wouldn't start kindergarten in a diaper! - Ha! Well, low and behold, after watching "Potty Power" one too many times and talking about being a big boy with our neighbor, Mrs. Sacha, he finally decided he was ready to do it a few weeks ago! Since then, he has done really well! We have been very proud of him! He is even wearing his big boy underwear to school now! Woo-hoo! Now, before we get too excited, we still have one more hurdle to jump. While he will go#1 and #2 at home, school and Church, he REFUSES to do either of these in public restrooms!!!! I don't know how we are going to convince him he can do it!?! Last night he needed to go when we were out, but he took one look at that GIGANTIC toilet and changed his mind! Well, this morning he had a play date with a new friend at her house. I went shopping while they played. I put his underwear on him and assumed he would be fine since it wasn't a "public" place, just another house. After all, he will go at my neighbor's house without a problem. When I called to check on him, my friend told me Jack needed to go to the bathroom, but he told her it was "too dirty" and he couldn't go in her potty. (Oh my! Did he really say that?!) So, my friend cleaned her toilet so he would be able to go! Yes, I was quite embarrassed!!!! (Wonder where he got that from? - Ha!) Well, when I picked him up I went to get his shoes and then there it was....the dreaded ziploc bag with a tiny pair of underwear inside!!! Oh no! Well, Jack did do #1 several times within the 2 1/2 hours he was there (after the toilet was cleaned for him)! However, he could not make himself do the "big business" on that strange potty! Yes, that is right, he pooped in his underwear!!!!! Thankfully, my friend is a mother of 3 as well as a nurse, so this is nothing new for her. But still!!!! I was just mortified!!!!! So, needless to say, we are going to be working on going to the potty other places besides our house! And if Jack has anymore play dates in the next couple of weeks, I'll put him in a pull up just in case!!!!!! Gotta love potty training!

Comments

  1. That is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess Jack will not be going to the bathroom at my house. The girls keep it pretty dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look I actually left acomment!!!!
    YEAH for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya, this made me laugh! Only one of your kids would need a potty to be clean to go on it! Quinton is a master at #1 but we STILL have issues with #2...oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts