Valentine's Day Dinner

Instead of trying to get a babysitter for Valentine's Day and trying to beat the crowd, my neighbor, Sacha, and I decided to cook for our husbands. We were supposed to have my mother-in-law's yummy Cajun roast, but I accidentally seared the plastic to the roast - oops! Sooooo, I ended up getting stuffed pork chops from Reasor's. They were edible, but nothing like the roast would have been!!! We also had carrot souffle' and dirty rice (both my mother-in-law's recipes). She is a great cook! Sacha brought a wonderful strawberry salad and rolls! We finished our dinner off with cheesecake, strawberries and my mother's famous homemade chocolate sauce! BTW...I actually got out our fine China for the occasion! I had to take the price tags off of the crystal! That is pretty sad considering we have been married for 14 years!!! I vow to use it more in the next 14 years! :)

Comments

Popular Posts