The best neighbors in the world!

Let me start from the beginning...

We went to San Diego for the weekend (more on that later!). Well, when we got home everyone around us had nice, freshly cut and trimmed yards (except us since we were not here to do it)! Well, on the way home from our trip, I got a text message from my neighbor, Jennifer, apologizing for messing up our yard. She was so embarrassed and felt sooo bad! She said the lawn mower got away when she was mowing her yard and she really messed ours up! (Her husband usually does the yard work!) Well, I thought, how bad could it possibly be? It's just grass! It was dark when we got home, so we couldn't see it very well. After looking at it in the daylight the next morning, I could not stop laughing! I had never seen anything like it! It looked worse than if I had done it myself! I wondered if she had been drinking - ha! She was so embarrassed! I felt bad for her so I told her it looked like a work of art and asked her for her autograph! I am not sure she thought that was very funny! I also told her I wouldn't be hiring her as my my yard man any time soon! Ha! I did assure her it was not a big deal. It was just grass and it would grown back! (Poor Jennifer!)



I was outside yesterday and I saw my other neighbor, Larry, eyeing the "artwork" in my front yard. He asked me what Bart had done to our grass! I explained to him that it was Jennifer's masterpiece, not Bart's! I told him I was hoping Bart would get home from work early enough to mow the rest of the yard so it wouldn't be so obvious. Larry had just finished mowing his own yard, so he said he would just do it for us real quick! I assured him that he didn't need to do that. I begged him not to and told him Bart would do it! Well, he insisted on doing it anyway! He said Bart works so much, so he didn't mind helping him out.

Well, today when I was upstairs working, I heard the lawn mower going again! This time, it was another neighbor, Mary, mowing my back yard!!!! She was outside when we were talking about the yard. I begged her to stop, but she also insisted! She said it was too nice to be inside and she loves doing yard work! It is therapy for her! She also edged the front and back yard as well as blew it off when she was done! I was shocked! Boy, will Bart be surprised when he gets home today! You can't ask for better neighbors than that! Everyone is so quick to help out each other with the yards, trash cans, mail, dogs, etc...

While I am giving shout outs to the neighbors, I have to thank the Waltke's for taking care of Max and checking our mail while we were gone this weekend!

BTW....When I looked outside earlier, Max was chewing on a dog bone that we did not give him! That Mary! She is just too good to us!

We are so blessed!

Comments

  1. Hey....what about the other neighbors that fed Max and checked the mail......just kidding! I love the update! We are just glad you home where you belong.....no moving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts