Excuse me. What did you say?!?!?!?!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It's unheard of in the south. We cringe when we hear it! We knew this day would come. And it did.....TODAY!

Yes, that is right. Today, when Judd got in the car after school, he asked me, "Mom, do you have any POP?" WHAT?!?!?!? Did I hear you correctly?! My little southern boy just asked me for POP???!!!!! From my reaction, you would have thought he said a 4 letter word!!! He said, "But Mom, everyone at school says it." Well, you know, that doesn't make it right, does it???? Ha! Don't you know that we say Coke for ALL kinds of carbonated drinks (ex: Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, etc...) I almost cried thinking that my little southerner was possibly turning into a mid-westerner! Oh no! Next thing I know he is going to be wearing an OSU shirt! Help us!!!

Comments

  1. No Comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate!! Here in VA it's called Soda. No way, it's still "Coke" to me and so far Dalton has stuck with "Coke"!! ~Christine
    btw - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts