The San Diego Story



I always brag about Judd and Jack and say how blessed I am to be their mother. I tell how much joy they bring to my like (maybe a little headache at times too - ha!), but mostly joy! But, I do forget to mention my partner in all of this some times. So, this post is dedicated to my one and only, dear husband, Bart!

Can I just mention for a minute HOW PROUD of him I am! He is not only a good husband, but a great Dad to our boys! He is also a very hard worker! In our married life, we have lived in Slidell, LA, Norcross, Duluth and Dallas, GA. And now we are in Tulsa, OK. All of these moves have been due to his job, usually trying to climb that corporate ladder! Well, I have to say that the move to Tulsa was probably our toughest move to date! We had an adjustment period that lasted about a year and a half. Well, once I got nice and comfy here, feeling "settled" and like I was "home", Bart came home with that little sparkle in his eye!!!! After almost 15 years of marriage, I know that sparkle!!!!! So, I immediately was like, "WHAT?!" "What is going on!?!" I was SCARED!!!! Very LONG STORY short, he was offered a position in San Diego, CA with his current company. It was a real honor to be offered this position. They were not considering anyone else in the company besides him! WOW! I was really impressed!!!! But, I DID NOT want to move again! So, after lots of praying, we agreed to go and have a look. The process was a real roller coaster ride for us. Bart REALLY wanted to do this, and I really did not want to move, but would if he felt it was the right thing to do! So, after looking around the San Diego area, doing research and LOTS and LOTS of praying, God showed us that it was not in His will for us to move to San Diego, CA! He has us right where we need to be for the moment! We both have a peace of mind knowing we did the right thing! I know Bart is a little disappointed he didn't get to see what "might have been", but he knows we are in God's will, which is the most important thing. So, I just wanted to say how very proud I am of my dear husband! Love you, babe!

P.S. If in the future, God should move us to San Diego, CA, I might not like it, but I would go. Just give me a heads up so the boys and I can learn spanish first!

Comments

Popular Posts