3rd Grade!!!

I cannot believe Judd started the 3rd grade today! Where oh where did the time go?! Judd was not very excited to have his summer come to an end (and neither was I, for that matter!). But he is excited to get to know his new teacher and see some of his old friends.

I took the traditional first day of school picture this morning, but he was NOT very happy about it! I guess by the 3rd grade, it is not very cool to stand there with your back pack and smile for a picture! His expression shows this!!!


I was nervous about his first day of school because when we met the teacher on Monday, we only recognized 1 person's name on the class role. No one from his class last year was in his class this year. That meant Hunter, Hayden, Chandler and Reagan were not in his room! :( I was so sad for him! I know he will meet new friends and still get to see his other friends at PE or Library or lunch, but I still feel bad for him! So, feeling a little sick to my stomach, I drove him to school this morning. I was not prepared to walk him inside the school, but when he saw all of the other parents walking their kids in, he wanted me to walk him in too! Oh my! Let's just say I would have showered and dressed better if I knew I was going to be walking him in! I had my work out attire on and no makeup! (At least I had a bra on! Ha!) I felt a little better since he recognized some of the boys going in his classroom! Whew! Maybe it was a good thing that I walked him in after all since I got to see he knew some people in his class! (I could relax a little!)

You would think by the 3rd grade, I would be used to the drill by now, but it is still so hard for me every year! I didn't cry, but I could have! Seeing how today was so hard for me, I have NO IDEA how I am going to make it to 12th grade with both of my boys! I may have a stomach ulcer by the time Jack gets to the 12th grade! Ha! Right now, I am just going to take it one year at a time!

Here's to 3rd grade!

Comments

  1. What a great mom you are! I am pretty sure Matt will have to be the one to take Quinton to his first day of kindergarten...I will embarass myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I saw you this morning! You looked fine. I was in my work cloths. What could be worse? I almost cried today also. I hope it gets better every year. Time is just flying. She should not be this big!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts