36...Seriously?

Wow! Am I really 36 years old today? How can that be?! I still feel like I am 25! When I look in the mirror, it is clear, though, that I am definitely not 25 anymore! While I am thankful for the wisdom that comes with age, I am not crazy about the wrinkles, arthritis (which I do have) and slow metabolism that also comes along with getting older. But, as Dr. Phil would say, "Consider the alternative!". Ha!

Bart went out of town today, so it was a pretty "normal" day in our house. I did take a little more "me time" this afternoon than I typically do! Bart and the boys gave me some cards and chocolate this morning. Bart also gave me "permission" to buy some things for myself. My in-laws and my parents sent me some Birthday money! I'll have fun spending that when Bart gets back in town and I can shop alone! I experienced my first facebook Birthday! I got so many "Happy Birthday" wishes from my facebook friends! That was so much fun! My neighbor, Sacha, gave me 2 cards and surprised me with a piece of my most favorite cake in the whole world (Lemon Paradise from Macaroni Grill)! How nice was that?! Bart, the boys and I went to Braum's and had ice cream for dinner last night so that was fun too! So, I have had a very good (and fattening) Birthday!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts