Christmas 2009!

We woke up to our first ever WHITE CHRISTMAS! It was beautiful! Here are some pictures of our white winter wonderland!




Yes, I have 3 kids!!!!!



Look at that snow!







Can you see my legs! And yes people, it was COLD!!!



This is in front of our neighbor, Mary's, house.



Here are some pictures of our backyard.









Santa came!!!



The boys got new bikes for Christmas this year!!!




Jack opening one of his gifts.



What could it be???? This big gift is from Mee Maw and Pee Paw! It was a new basketball goal for the boys!



Judd made this for me at school! He wrapped it and put it under the tree! I think it is so pretty!



Oh wow! How fun!



Looks like Santa liked his cookies and Eggnog and the reindeer liked their crackers (we forgot to buy carrots this year! OOPS!).



Wow! Where's the clean up crew???



This was my Christmas gift this year! I have always wanted a hall tree. I love it!!! Thanks, Babe!




I got ready to make Bart a pecan pie this morning and when I went to get the frozen store bought pie shells out of the freezer, I realized that I forgot to buy them!!! Oh dear! It is just not Christmas without pecan pie!!! So, I did what any good wife would do. I went to the Paula Dean website and looked up her recipe for homemade pie shells. I took a VERY deep breath and gave it a try. Here they are before I added the filling.



Here is the finished product! I used Paula Dean's pie crust recipe and my Mom's pecan pie recipe for the filling. I think they turned out pretty good! Whew!!!! Christmas was saved! ;) We shared one with our neighbors since the recipe makes two!




We also made a Birthday cake for Jesus today! Happy Birthday, Jesus!!! You are the reason for this glorious season!




When my Mom was here, I asked her to make tea cakes with the boys. This was a tradition of ours growing up. The boys had a great time decorating the cookies (Judd especially) and we have all enjoyed eating them (Santa too!).



This is pure goodness! My Mom made some of her homemade bread while she was here. One of my favorite things to do with her homemade bread is to toast it with cheese for breakfast and dip it in grape jelly! I know it sounds weird, but it is sooo good! This is a very rare treat for me because I would be as big as a barn if I ate this more than a couple of times a year!!! Thanks Mom!




We had a very quiet, but good Christmas! I missed being with our family in Mobile, but it was also nice to be home in our own house! The boys were able to play with all of their new toys all day long (as well as play in the snow). It was nice just hanging out together! Oh, and did I mention I fixed a very yummy dinner too? Just ask Bart! I think he liked it!

Merry Christmas!!!

Comments

  1. I love your Christmas gift! So pretty!!! Great job on the pies too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts