Judd's Birthday Cake - No Laughing, Please!

This year Judd decided he wanted to have a donut cake for his Birthday. Well, I started feeling bad that he wasn't also going to have a regular cake. So, I had the brilliant idea to make a video game (PS3) cake since that is by far, his most favorite thing to do! Well, after having the first cake crumble and then dropping the second one on the floor, I was a little nervous about trying it again. Praise the Lord, the third one came out of the oven beautifully! Now, on to the icing part.... I didn't realize how hard it would be (the pictures I looked at looked easy enough). Well, let's just say that my Cake Decorating 101 class did not prepare me for this big of an undertaking! I did the best I could (leaving out quite a few details) and this is the finished product (keep your chuckles to yourself!).



People are not going to be calling me anytime soon to make their kids' cakes (thank goodness), but Judd likes it and that's what counts! All I can say is it was made with LOTS of love!

Oh, and for all of you cake decorators out there, I do realize it looks like Jack helped me with the writing! I probably need to practice a little more!

Now, off to clean my very messy kitchen (sigh)! Where in the world do I begin??!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts