The Beach

My Mom, the boys and I drove down to Gulf Shores yesterday to see Anti and the kids. It was great getting to spend time with them, but not so great seeing the beach in the sad state that it is in due to the oil. Gulf Shores was like a ghost town. No one was playing on the beach and the condos were not very full. You didn't have to wait for a table at a restaurant and the traffic was slim. This is completely opposite of how things usually are this time of year. It just broke my heart to see the beach that I grew up going to in the state that it is in now due to the oil spill. I pray we can stop the leak soon!

Our beautiful white sand is no longer white.





Despite the sadness that we experienced from seeing the beach, we did have a great time with Anti, Kathy and the kids. The boys loved swimming with Cameron, Lilly and Michael! And I had fun hanging out with Kathy.


Here is Anti and Mom. Can you tell they are sisters?!



Here is Kathy and Anti at lunch.



Me and Mom at lunch.



Judd, Lilly and Michael.



Mom and Anti by the pool at the condo.



The kids swimming at the condo.



On the way home, we stopped at Scoops. It's an ice cream shop in Gulf Shores. When we were kids, we used to stop there for an ice cream treat after a day of fun at the beach! It was good, but I have to admit that had Mom and I known there was a new Brewster's a few miles down the road, we would have said, "Forget tradition! We are going there instead!". Ha! We love us some Brewster's!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts