More Fun with the Grandparents and Cousins!

Our fun continues in Mobile!! We have had such a good time with family!

On Monday, we went with Mee Maw and Pee Paw, Tina, Jacqueline and cousins to lunch and to see Karate Kid. The kids LOVED Karate Kid! Jack has been doing Kung Fu every since!

Here are some pictures from lunch at Panani Pete's in Fairhope!









Panini Petes was so good! The only thing missing was Bart! He loves that place! We first saw it showcased on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives!

One last thing...My good friend, Ashley (from Tulsa) keeps giving me a hard time about all of my food posts. I had to post this one, though! My Mom fixed us a true southern lunch last Sunday after Church! It was so nostalgic! The house smelled like it did some times when I was a little girl! She made us a meal complete with roast, rice and gravy, fresh corn on the cob, home grown tomatoes, fresh field peas and fresh cornbread (not the kind from the box)! Here is something you will only see in the south.



My family uses a separate bowl to mix our peas and cornbread in. People think this is crazy, but we all do it and it is SO GOOD! As a matter of fact, I asked my Mom if we could have it for dinner again tonight (just the peas and cornbread and maybe a slice of tomato)! Am I a country girl, or what?!

Poor Bart has been eating cereal for dinner every night since we have been here. He is going to be skinny minny and I am going to be as big as a barn! Better go get on the treadmill!

Comments

  1. I'm only given you a hard time because I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! Ashley! I know! I can't help myself, though! I am such a "foodie"!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts