My Baby is Growing Up!



What happened to my baby? I don't have one anymore! :(

Jack started Pre-K today! I was nervous about his first day because Jack is like me and we don't handle change very well. He got pretty upset at orientation last week and was not at all excited to start school today. This made for one nervous Mama! I pictured myself peeling him off of me when it was time to go into the class room. Thankfully, he proved me wrong!

I wanted to do something special for him this morning. So, I took him for his favorite breakfast. He got his favorite thing in the whole world, a four cheese egg souffle' from Panera. He ate all but about 3 bites of it!



He wasn't crazy about me taking pictures of him, but he gave in and let me take a few.

Here he is this time last year going to 3 year old preschool.



And here he is today all ready to start Pre-K! Hasn't he grown so much in the last year?!



Here are some other shots of him showing off his new dinosaur backpack and lunchbox.





Jack will be eating lunch at school this year, so Judd and I made a special napkin for his lunchbox!



Here he is playing gate keeper while waiting to go into the school.



And here is my big boy sitting in his assigned seat playing with play dough! He gave me a hug and said good-bye! (sniff-sniff)



I really have not been very emotional about sending Jack to Pre-K. Pre-K just didn't seem like that big of a deal compared to Kindergarten and 1st grade. It hit me this morning though. I went upstairs and into his room and found his bed he had made up all by himself. Such a big boy!



That really got me! It made me realize how big he is getting! I thought, wow, there is no going back! I must seize EVERY moment I have with my boys and make them count! Once they start Pre-K, it's on to elementary school, then middle school, then high school, then college, etc... Our lives are just going way too fast! I must live each day to the fullest with them and cherish each moment God allows me to be their mother. What an honor and privilege and huge calling God has given me. I sure don't deserve it, but I'm glad He chose me!

Comments

  1. Great post! I couldn't handle the bed picture :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying now! Reading your words today really hit me. I am so overwhelmed and scared thinking that this time next year, Dexter will be leaving for Tuscaloosa to start the next stage of his life (without me). I will definitely be cherishing every moment with him (and the other three of course) alot more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts