Buying, Trading, Sharing, Wearing

When I was a little girl, I remember collecting and trading things with my friends (jelly bracelets, friendship beads on safety pens, stickers, etc...). Well, kids are still doing this today, but instead of trading friendship beads and baseball cards, they are trading Zandy Bandz! These things have invaded and taken over our house!

I started Judd's collection at the end of the school year last year by buying him 1 package. He came home from school one day and was so excited that someone gave him is first silly band! He begged me to take him to The Pretty Penny to buy some. I was like, how do you even know what The Pretty Penny is? For the record, it is a woman's gift boutique. His friend, Nathan, told him that's where he could buy some silly bands! So, being the sucker that I am, off to The Pretty Penny we went!

That's when the craziness began. I bought him 2 packages (which cost $6 a piece) and told him he would have to buy them with his own money from here on out. Well, after using his allowance to buy a few more packages, twisting the Grandparents' arm to buys him some over the summer and trading with his friends, this is what we have now.



He has been officially cut off from purchasing anymore of these. If he wants any new ones, they will have to be traded with friends. We have purchased all of the silly, wacky, zandy bands we need!! (Hear that Mee Maw and Pee Paw and Mimi and Big Daddy!) :)

For the record, he doesn't actually wear these (thank goodness). He just collects them, sorts them, counts them, links them together when he is bored and trades them. I am sure he could tell you every single band he owns. They are like his little sacred treasures!

Comments

Popular Posts