A Non-Traditional Thanksgiving



We typically go to Mobile for Thanksgiving. I look forward to it every year! We spend time with both of our families. We do lots of eating, shopping and visiting! Well, this year we decided to have Thanksgiving at home since we went to Disney World the week before. (Can't do everything.) Turns out it's good we planned it that way since I came down with the flu. It's no fun having the flu (especially when you are trying to get into the holiday spirit). We decided to pick up a turkey breast and a few sides from Honey Baked Ham. I would've been fine with chicken noodle soup, but Bart wasn't going for that. Ha! So, this was our Thanksgiving Day meal today...







It was ok. It definitely wasn't my Mother-in-law's yummy dressing or my Mom's mac-n-cheese, but it got us by! We have had a super lazy day today, which is just what we needed! We have missed our family back home, though! I missed being there to help Mee Maw with all of the preparations for their big dinner today. I missed my Mom's hot rolls right out of the oven! And I will miss shopping with my Mom and my sister tomorrow on Black Friday!

All in all, the day was fine. I am very thankful for all God has blessed us with! We are blessed beyond measure! And after all, that's what Thanksgiving is all about...being thankful! I also have to mention how nice our friends are here in Tulsa. Some of them that knew I was sick, brought by a pumpkin pie, some homemade applesauce, chex mix, sausage balls and banana nut bread. I told ya we are blessed! I am so thankful for these friends and all of our friends and family!

Now, I have got to get in the mood to get those Christmas decorations down. I know it's somewhere inside of me. I'm trying to find it.

Maybe tomorrow! :/

Comments

Popular Posts