Joy to the World! The Lord Is Come!



Today is Christmas! It's been a good, but quiet Christmas around here. Our celebration started last night when we went to our Church's Christmas Eve service. Going to Church on Christmas Eve is one of my favorite things to do. It really puts you in the mood for Christmas and helps you remember what it's truly about.

After the Christmas Eve service, we stuck to a long time tradition of ours and went for Mexican! It was great as always!

When we got home, we let the boys open a couple of presents (they had been begging all day!). Here they are waiting anxiously....



Showing us their new PJ's in front of the tree right before we read the Christmas story.



My new Santa slippers I got for myself this year! I couldn't resist! ;)



We put out cookies for Santa and food for the reindeer (in the front yard) and to bed they went!



I actually beat the boys up this morning, which may have been a first! I heard them moving around upstairs around 6:30, so I got Bart and we went to see what Santa brought!





Santa did not disappoint! They boys had a great time opening all of their new toys!

I made Mee Maw's Tennessee Pride breakfast casserole for breakfast and my friend Ashley made us some Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls as well! It was wonderful! (This is Bart's man size serving!)



After breakfast, I treated myself to a Christmas morning bubble bath with the tunes turned up loud. All 3 boys played with their new toys while I soaked away!

Here is Bart trying out his new video game he got himself for Christmas! ;)



Judd got busy on one of his many new lego sets and had it assembled in no time!



We had a good Christmas lunch. It wasn't Mee Maw's or Mimi's, but it was better than our take out Thanksgiving lunch we had!



After lunch and cleaning the kitchen, Jack and I took a 2 hour nap! It was great!! There is nothing like a Christmas Day nap! You get to wake up and have pecan pie for snack! ;) My pecan pie didn't turn out too good, so I am not posting a picture. It is edible, but not my best work by any means!

Jack and I made a Birthday cake for Jesus! I decided to ice it but not worry about decorating it this year. It looks a bit like an igloo, but tasted really good!

Here is my little helper! Isn't he cute?




Here we are singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!





BTW...If you are wondering who the white dog is in the pictures, no we did not get a new dog for Christmas! It is Sullivan Fuller (aka Sully). We are keeping him for the Fuller's who went to visit family in South Carolina. He and Max got off to a bit of a rough start, but have since become the best of friends! I think Max will be sad to see Sully go when he has to leave.

This is how Max felt about Sully at first. Ha!



They have gotten used to each other and follow each other all over the house now. They are pretty funny to watch! Max is not used to sharing his territory with another dog, so he has had to get used to it. Sully thinks he is still in his own territory - ha! Thankfully, Max is pretty mellow and easy going, so he has welcomed Sully and allowed Sully to disrupt his routine a bit!

This is how you will find them 90% of the time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts