My Trip to Clinton

When I went to Clinton to visit Granny, my Mom and I stayed with my Aunt Donna and Uncle Bill. Aunt Donna had surgery the morning we arrived, but was still the "hostess with the mostest"! She had the guest bedroom ready for us complete with a little gift on our pillows. She is so sweet and thoughtful!

I love staying at their house. It reminds me so much of my childhood. Their house has such a warm, cozy feel. They had everything decorated so pretty for Christmas. I took a few pictures.

Their mantle.



I love this buffet in the family room.



I thought this Santa was so cute. It says, "Will work for Cookies"!



Their pretty tree!



They have Granny and Granddaddy's dining room furniture. When I saw this chair, it brought back lots of memories for me.




Here is my Aunt Gina, Aunt Donna and Mom at the hospital.



We met Jane Halbert for dinner on Saturday night. Here is me and Jane Halbert.



Aunt Gina and Aunt Debbie.



Aunt Debbie and Mom.



I took my camera so I could take a picture of Granny to show Bart and the boys. I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of her, though. She just didn't look like the Granny we know. I want to remember her like the picture below, not lying in a hospital bed hooked up to monitors, oxygen and a feeding tube.

Comments

Popular Posts