A Haircut Gone Bad!

Last Friday I took the boys to get haircuts after school. We had a new place open right down the street from us and they were running a special, so I thought I would go there since it was closer than our normal place, plus I could save a few bucks.

Big mistake!

When I heard the girl tell Judd she was going to put some gel in his hair to help "bring out his curls" I knew we were in trouble! Last I checked, Judd doesn't have any curls!

I tried to explain how we can't cut Jack's hair too short because of all of his cowlicks. Was she listening to me?

Um, no.

She snipped those bangs just enough to have them stick straight up! I had to let her finish what she started, though. Otherwise, it would've looked even worse. In hind sight, I should've grabbed him and run! After watching her cut his hair like I have never seen his hair cut before, she finally finished with the scissors and moved on to the clippers to shave his neck. When Jack started to cry, I knew we had a problem! I went over to take a look and he had a terrible abrasion from her trying to shave his neck. He even started to bleed a little. Poor Jack! He was trying hard not to cry, but he couldn't help it. The girl just kept on doing it despite his tears. I was getting SO MAD! I finally told her to stop and that I would finish it up myself at home! I just wanted to get my poor baby out of there! Thanks to her he will NEVER want to get his hair cut again! It will take some serious bribing next time! The good thing is, he won't need to go back for quite a while (guess that's the silver lining of this experience). I did assure him that I would NEVER take him back there EVER again! I'm pretty sure the girls working there graduated from cosmetology school last week! We will stick to Ms. Anna at our usual place from now on!

A side note....Besides bringing out the curls that he doesn't have, Judd had a much better experience than Jack! The girl cutting his hair said he could upgrade to the MVP pkg for free if he wanted to. Judd was all over that! I looked over at him and he was getting everything from hot towels, to a shampoo to a neck message! The boy was in heaven (takes right after his Daddy)! Ha!

When we got home, Jack's poor neck was still really red. He was so worried about it. I assured him it would get better soon. A couple of hours later, Jack came running downstairs. He said, "My neck is better! Judd prayed to God and Jesus and they healed it!". That melted my heart! The boys do fight ALOT, so when he told me this, I could hardly stand it. I thought that was so sweet! Such a kind and unexpected thing for Judd to do!

Comments

  1. Oh man! I feel for you as a mother! Quinton had a bad haircut recently - not as bad as Jack, though, and I took him back to the woman to 'fix' it and she made it worse...again! At least they aren't girls, right? It just grows right back, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts