Snowmagedon 2011 - Day 3



It's day 3 of our Blizzard Bonanza, Snowmagedon, Snowapalooza. Whatever you want to call it! What it means for us is, we are still snowed in!! We woke up to temps of -6 this morning. This Southern girl has had enough! I can take 2 pajama days in a row, but 3 in a row is pushing it! We are supposed to reach 20 degrees today. I am hoping the sun will come out again so maybe a little will melt. I NEED to get out! I am having Target withdrawals!! Guess I should just be thankful for a warm, heated house, a fireplace and a stocked pantry! I know there are those that aren't as lucky.

Here are a few pics from day 2...


Jack decided to go outside today. It didn't last very long. He hates being cold!



He tried out Judd and Abby's tunnel! Brrrr!



Judd thought it would be fun to climb the fence. Crazy kid! He is a climber!! (There is a reason I call him a monkey!)



Bart went out to shovel the driveway. It proved to be colder and harder than he thought. He will try to finish it up today. Although, I'm not sure we could get anywhere even if he does get it where we can get a car out. We saw 2 different cars get stuck in front of our house yesterday. They had to dig themselves out.



Max even ventured out. He wasn't quite sure what to do in the snow, but he wanted to be out there while the boys were out.



We are expected to have cold temps today and tomorrow. It should get above freezing on Saturday! Ya-hoo. However, we have more snow in the forecast for Sunday and Monday! Goodness! I hope they are wrong about that! All I can think about now is all of the school we are going to have to make up come June.

Guess we should just enjoy it for now, though. Maybe God thought we needed to slow down a bit and enjoy each other's company. We are still civil today. Not sure about tomorrow, though! We will probably be pretty sick of each other after another day of togetherness! :)

Comments

Popular Posts