Catching Up!

I was going through the pictures on my phone today and remembered I forgot to blog about some recent happenings. So, consider this a "catch up" post!

First, I got to go with Judd's class to the Broken Arrow History Museum a couple of weeks ago. I learned more about Broken Arrow than I ever wanted to know! ;) Judd is at the age where it is not so cool to have your Mom take pictures of you, so I don't have very many pictures to show for the field trip. Here are a couple.





Here is Jack just being Jack. He is always dressing up like some character. This day, he was a cowboy!




Mee Maw and Pee Paw brought these for the boys when they came to Tulsa. I thought they were so cute! It's a chocolate covered foot!



I hosted Bunco at our house last night. I didn't take any pictures of my friends. :( I did get a picture of our dessert bar though. I went with a summer time theme, so we had an ice cream dessert bar for dessert. See the "Bunco Berry" sign in the back? You know, like Cherry Berry? Thanks for the idea Erin!



And last, I wanted to blog about Jack's hair. His school had "Crazy Hair Day" on Thursday. At the last minute, Jack decided he wanted a mohawk. Well, I didn't have anything that would make his hair stand up like that. I called my neighbor, Allison, and she came to our rescue! She had some gel that her husband used to use a very long time ago. It had a picture of 2 black people with afros on the top and smelled like baby powder. I think it was actually afro sheen! Ha! Allison warned me it would only take a little bit. Well, when we got to school, I had 30 seconds to put it in his hair and create a mohawk. I think I used a little too much! It was all over my hands, the steering wheel, etc... I went in and washed my hands and sent Jack on his way with his mohawk (sort of)!

That night, when it was time to wash it out, it became apparent that it was not going to be easy washing that stuff out! So, after 2 days of 5 hair washes, a baking soda treatment and Dawn dish detergent, it FINALLY came out! Whew! What a mess! Here is a picture of Jack after school. The Mohawk was no longer there, but the crazy hair lasted all day (and then some)!

Comments

Popular Posts