Sweet Home Alabama

We flew Mom to Tulsa last week and she drove the boys and I to Mobile! We had a great trip!! Mom and I listened to "The Help" audio book, so the time flew by! The boys were pretty content to watch movies, play games and nap!

When we drove through Lake Village, Arkansas, I got a picture of my Mom's Dad's airport. He died when I was 2 years old, so I don't remember him, but have heard lots of stories about him. He was a pilot and flew crop dusting planes. You can see the hanger in the distance of this picture.



It was very nostalgic for me driving over the MS River bridge. We took a picture of us on the new one. It is very nice!



Next stop was to see Granny's grave since I wasn't there for her funeral. A little funny about that...We had a hard time finding her grave, so Jack was yelling (out the window of the car), "Granny, where are you?!". He was yelling it quite loud! We chuckled! Granny would've thought it was funny too! ;)





Another funny...While driving through Arkansas and Mississippi, you pass through alot of rural, farm land. You really don't want to stop at any of the small towns unless you absolutely have to! Well, we had to because we needed gas bad!! So, we stopped at the first Mom and Pop gas station we found somewhere between Pine Bluff and Lake Village. Well, it turned out that we were definitely the minority in that town! My Mom took Judd and Jack in to the bathroom while I pumped gas (all the while a little scared)! When the boys were walking back to the car, Jack said very loudly, "Why are there so many black people here?". So, Judd answers with, "This is a black people town!". YIKES!! I hurried them in the car and we locked the doors and got out of there as quickly as we could!!

Our next stop after visiting Granny's grave, was to see Papa Russ! I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of him! He wasn't feeling very well, but it was great to see him! He is such a sweet, kindhearted man! You can tell he is lonely, so I feel very sorry for him. Love him so much!

We spent the night with Uncle Bill and Aunt Donna in Clinton. They are so sweet! I love them so much and always enjoy being at their house! They are great hosts!!

Me and Aunt Donna!



Mom and Aunt Donna!



The boys with their dog, Ziera!



Jack helping Uncle Bill with the bird feeders!



We arrived in Mobile on Monday afternoon! It was great to get out of the car!!

One of the first things on our list of things to do.....

COUSIN TIME!

Here is Jack and Kamryn! They are two peas in a pod!



Getting ready to swim!



Cannonball!



Show off! ;)



Mom and Dad enjoying an evening swing on the front porch while listening to the rain!



One of my favorite things about summertime in the south.....

Home grown tomatoes!! YUM!!!



We still have lots of cousins and more Grandparents to see! We are so excited! The fun has only just begun!!

Comments

Popular Posts