A Day at the Beach - Part 2 and a Turtle

We wanted to go to the beach one last time before heading back to Tulsa. This time, however, did not go as planned. We took Ian and Peyton with us and also met Stacy, Quinton and Sawyer. I decided it would be fun to go to the public pavilion that we used to go to when I was a little girl. I knew it wouldn't be as crowded as the hangout and I thought it would be nostalgic to go there. Well, I was wrong! They turned the old pavilion into a giant fishing pier! It is nice, but not ideal for swimmers who are just there to relax and catch a wave!

The waves were not very good on that part of the beach, and we soon found out the water wasn't near as clean and pretty there either. As Bart and the kids were out swimming, I noticed some strange looking glimmers of light in the water. After a few minutes, I realized the glimmers of light were actually dead fish. And I mean there were thousands of them! They were about the size of my hand and they were missing their eyes! They started to wash up onto the shore. They were nasty and stinky and crowding in on Bart and the kids! Needless to say, our day at the beach got cut short! :(

Here are a few pictures before the massive fish invasion.













And last, and totally not related to the beach, I wanted to share this picture. We found this (not so little) guy at Mee Maw and Pee Paw's house one evening! He had such a pretty shell!



That about wraps up our visit with family in Mobile! We were sad to leave. As always, the time flew by way too fast! It is nice to be back home in Tulsa, but we already miss everyone so much!

Comments

Popular Posts