Kids Camp 2011

Judd just got back from our Church's kid's camp at Tulakogee. It is about an hour away. I was nervous about letting him go, but I knew some of his best friends were going, so that made me feel better about it. He was super excited on Thursday, but also a little nervous. He was very excited to get away from his little brother for a few days, but was also a little nervous about being away from me for 3 days. He put his brave face on (probably for me) and loaded the bus on Thursday evening!







Fast forward to 10:00PM.

I got the dreaded, "your child is homesick call". I couldn't believe it! There were tears and everything! Lots of tears! He wanted us to come and pick him up right then! I never dreamed he would actually call me to come pick him up! I was a mess! I needed my baby home! I could not stand him being so upset so far away from me. I was ready to go get my keys and go get him and bring him home safe and sound as quickly as possible.

Until I talked to Bart.

Bart is from the school of "tough love". He was thinking logically. I was thinking emotionally. Although, I didn't want to talk about that at the time! I just knew my heart strings had been pulled hard and I needed to get my baby back to me as fast as possible! Well, since Bart was putting his foot down, I was forced to make Judd endure the night. I didn't like it and neither did Judd, but that's what we had to do.

I hate to say Bart was right in making him stay, but he was. (And that's all I'm saying about that!). ;)

Judd ended up having a great time! Bart and I went to a marriage retreat there on Friday night, so we were able to peek in on him on Saturday. He was having a great time swimming and did not ask us to take him home! Whew! I'm so glad!!









The kids got back after Church on Sunday. Judd was hot and tired, but full of stories to tell! He had a good time and said he wanted to go back again next year! :)

So, you might be wondering what Jack did while we were all gone on Friday night? Well, he got to hang out with his favorite babysitter!



He got Miss Natalie all to himself and he loved it! Natalie spent the night here at our house. She took Jack swimming, to Chik-fil-A and even to the pet store! They had a Toy Story marathon, made pizza, cookies and snowcones! Jack loved every minute of it! He can't wait for her to spend the night again! Ha!

We have had a pretty busy last 4 days! I am looking forward to just chilling out with the boys this week! We have to enjoy it because the summer will be gone before we know it!

Comments

Popular Posts