Lil' Gear!



Every since we were in Mobile and I heard the Black-Eyed Peas song, "Dirty Bit" in Tina's car, I have had the itch to get back to spinning! I used to be a regular spinner and I LOVED it! The problem is, you have to have a good instructor to LOVE it! Well, the one I liked changed his schedule and I have not been able to go in quite a few months! It just wasn't worth it to me to get up with the roosters to go to a 5:15 AM class I wasn't crazy about. So, I have been working out on my own at home this summer.

Well, when I heard that song a few weeks ago, it was like Jeff was calling my name to come back! Jeff is the instructor we all like! He's a short, funny little guy (comes to my shoulders). He is as tan as a graham cracker. Oh yeah, and he is as "sweet" as candy (if you know what I mean)! ;) He is not checking out the girls in the class, that is for sure! Ha! He really makes the class fun, though!

I have been trying to go every since we got back from Mobile. Same old song and dance...Get my clothes out the night before with every intention of going (until the alarm goes off VERY early in the morning)! So, I turn it off and roll over and sleep for another hour or 2.

Well, a friend asked me if I would go with her this morning. I thought about it. It's summer, after all, and getting up at 4:10AM does not sound very fun! I knew I wanted and NEEDED to do it, though, so I said yes! I knew I needed some accountability to make it that early, so I told my friend I would pick her up.

Well, I went and I am SO GLAD I did! I can't wait to get back to going regularly! It's such a great workout! I easily burn 400 calories in that class! It's so much fun too! I am excited to be back! Watch out bikini! I'm coming after you!!

I have to share a couple of things...At one point Jeff looked up and said, "This is for the 40 plus crowd!", and he looked right at me and my friend!! I was like, "WHAT?!?!"! My friend is 40, but I am not (2 more years, baby)!! I was slightly offended! ;) He always shouts out things to us like, "Lil' gear" when he wants us to add resistance. He will also say, "I smell chocolate"! Or, "I smell ice cream"! Haha!

Here are a couple of my favorite Jeff quotes from this morning...

"It's HARD to put on a swim suit. It's EASY to put on a cover up!" So true! (I have 3 cover ups!)

"Wobble wobble!" (I'm sure he was directing that to the over 40 crowd! ;)

"You know what happens when you stop working out over the summer and lay out by the pool all day? You get fat!" Yep, he's right about that!!

I could go on and on! The man could write a book! Ha!

Here's to setting new goals and getting my spin on!!

Lil' Gear!!

Comments

  1. He is so fun! Awesome job, friend! So proud of you for going EARLYYYYY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts