School's Back in Session!

I won't lie. I've had a tough last couple of weeks. This Mama likes having her boys close! It's a scary world out there! I have been through many tears in the last couple of days anticipating this day. Thankfully, this morning went much better than I thought it would. Maybe I didn't have any tears left to cry! ;)

Here is my big 5th grader and Kindergartner this morning before leaving for school!



Hunter jumped in for a goofy pic!



I'll start with my 5th grader, first.



First of all, how did that even happen? 5th grade!!! Wow! I can't believe I am old enough to have a 5th grader. Sadly, the mirror confirms that, yes, I am old enough! ;) This is Judd's last year in elementary school. Middle school comes next! Yikes!! But let's not talk about that right now! Judd really enjoyed his summer and was not very excited to return to school. I can't say I blame him. We had a great summer! He has Mrs. Baker this year. And Mr. Hansen is his switch teacher. He is very excited to have a man teacher for half of the day. I think that will be good for him. I can't wait to hear how his first day went. I pray God surrounds him with his love and protection and I pray he has the best school year yet!

Next up, Jack!



My baby started Kindergarten today (insert tears here). I cannot believe my baby is not a baby anymore! He is ready for school, though, and I know he will do great! I have to share a little funny. I filled his hands with kisses last night and told him if he misses me during the day at school, all he has to do is touch his cheek and he will have a kiss from me! So, after I walked him to his class and he sat in his seat, I asked him if he needed another kiss in his hand. He just rolled his eyes at me and shook his head! Ha! He did tell me he was a little nervous, but I know he will be ok. His teacher, Mrs. Hernandez, seems so nice! I pray he has a great year, meets new friends and learns to love school!



I managed to make it to the car before the tears came. When I got home I thought, this house is quiet. :( Then after a few minutes I thought, this house is quiet!! :) It's funny how much you can get done when you don't have distractions.

I miss those little "distractions" though! They are my heart! :) :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts