A Camping We Will Go!

I'm not a huge fan of camping. I prefer to stay where I have a clean, private bathroom and a nice comfy bed. However, my boys LOVE to go camping! So, out of guilt, I commit to ONE camping trip a year. I fulfilled this year's commitment last weekend!

We went to Robber's Cave. It's about 2 hours away from Tulsa. I have to admit, it was lots of fun! We hiked, rode paddle boats and canoes, played on the playground on the camp grounds, fished and made s'mores! Lots of memories were made!

The first thing we did when we got there, was set up the tent! (Well, "we" didn't set up the tent. Bart and Judd set up the tent! ;)







Jack is testing out the doggy door!



Next up, exploring the campgrounds!

They had a great playground for the kids!







The boys, Max and I on a paddle boat! Could my legs be ANY whiter? I think not! This was a GREAT workout!



Bart on a canoe!



Hiking Robber's Cave. It was so much fun!


























Here we are back at camp. Judd and Bart started the fire for us! We had to have a fire for our s'mores. No camp out is complete without a bond fire and s'mores!!





And ghost stories!



Judd had fun carving sticks while we were there. He loves to use his pocket knife! Made this Mama nervous (especially since I had no idea where the closest hospital was)! I tried to let go, though, and let him put some of his past Boy Scout skills to use! ;)



One of my favorite things about camping is Bart is in charge of everything! I am just his side kick and I like that for a change! He does all of the cooking, setting up, etc...! When we were talking about things to take, I said I would take some paper plates and styrofoam cups. GASP! He was appalled! He said, "that's not true camping"! He insisted we use the aluminum plates, cups, etc... he has collected over the years! Ha! He has quite the collection of camping kitchen "toys", if I do say so myself! I was joking that his kitchen "toys" were similar to a girl's tea party set! A girl wouldn't dream of having a tea party with paper plates and styrofoam cups. Therefore it made sense that a boy would prefer to use real camping utensils and tin plates while in the wilderness! Haha!

Dinner time! Side note: Bart planned on getting steaks, but I had already bought hotdogs. Oops! Steaks would've been better, but oh well! Next time! (I mean next year!) :)



The boys fixed breakfast!





I can't leave out the camp watchdog, Max! He had a great time and it was fun having him there with us!



As much fun as we had, I COULD NOT WAIT to get home to my shower and bed! We were all so dirty. I think Jack took the prize, though, on the dirtiest of all!

Check out those nails...



Can you believe I let him help with breakfast? YIKES! What was I thinking?!

And his feet! Yuck! I scrubbed him for about 10 minutes when we got home! That was one dirty boy! ;)



It was fun, but I think it will last me for a while! At least, until next year! :)


One other thing I thought I would add...

The way Bart enticed me to go with them was by telling me they had horseback riding. He knows I LOVE horses! So, after he told me that, I was in! Well, the part he left out (or in his defense, didn't know) was that you COULD go horse back riding if you had your own horse!!

(sigh)

Oh, well, maybe we can horse back ride another time! It was still fun even if we didn't get to do that part! :) Love my boys!!

Comments

Popular Posts