2011 Wrap Up!

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was doing our 2010 wrap up. Time is flying by way too fast!

We had a good 2011! With it, came many highs as well as some lows. But through everything, we have stayed strong in our faith and we have become better in the end!

In January, we said goodbye to one of my favorite people in the whole world! Granny died. It was bittersweet for everyone. We were so thankful God took her suffering away, but her absence is more than I can bare some times. I loved that lady more than I can ever express. She meant the world to me. I am so thankful for the memories I hold dear in my heart. I will never, ever forget her and the special bond we had.

In February, we endured "Snowapalooza 2011". It snowed, and snowed, and snowed some more! The schools were closed for 2 weeks because of the snow. It was fun in the beginning, but then it got a little old.

Another highlight of the year was Judd getting braces! He had a rough time with them in the beginning, but he has gotten used to them now and they don't bother him much anymore. He only has about 2 months left until he gets them off! He is very excited!

We had a wonderful time in Mobile with family over the summer! We always make such great memories while we are there!

Another HUGE milestone this year was my baby starting Kindergarten. That was SO HARD for me! I'm not going to lie, I had a VERY ROUGH 2 weeks when he first started. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it with my baby in full time school. Over time, it has gotten easier! I am SO THANKFUL he likes school! That makes it much easier (on both of us)!

Judd is in 5th grade this year and he LOVES his teacher! That is a BIG blessing! He had a rough year last year. 5th grade has been so much better for him! I am so thankful!

Both boys played soccer in the spring and tried out flag football in the fall. Judd also played basketball. Jack wasn't too excited about either sport. He just wasn't quite ready yet. Judd wasn't very fond of football, but he LOVES soccer and basketball! Jack is excited to try soccer again in the spring!

Bart and I both vowed to be healthier this year. We both lost weight by following a "clean" diet and exercising regularly. We plan to continue this lifestyle and hopefully pass it on to our boys as well.

We got to go to Mobile for Thanksgiving! It was wonderful being with family! Mimi and Big Daddy came for Christmas! That was so much fun having them here! It just went by too fast!

We have really found our place here in Tulsa and it finally feels like home to us! Ironically, now that we are so comfortable here, God may be moving us somewhere new in the near future. We don't don't yet, but we will go wherever He leads us if He chooses to move us. When I have anxiety about the future, I claim Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.".

As I look back at 2011, there are many things I wish I could change. I wish I had been more present with my boys, I wish I would've been a better wife, I wish I would've been a better daughter, sister and friend. I wish I would've had a closer walk with the Lord. These are all things I "resolve" to do better in the year and years to come! I am claiming Philippians 3:12-14, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.".

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts