Tulsa Christmas 2011

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas! We didn't have snow this year, but it was a cold one! We were glad Mimi and Big Daddy got to join us this year! It's the first time they have been here on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, so it was great! Mom and I spent all day in the kitchen on Saturday preparing for Christmas Day! It was so much fun cooking and baking together! We make a great team!

Besides cooking and baking, we enjoyed a Christmas Eve service at Church, dinner at Molly's Landing, Rhema lights, a little shopping, Christmas Day service at Church, presents and fun! It was great!

Mom and I at work in the kitchen!



Don't we look cute in our matching aprons? ;)

We fixed a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner (Bart's request)! We had turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, mac-n-cheese, homemade rolls, and jello salad. We also baked lots of yummy desserts as well (chocolate sheet cake, fudge, pecan pie, tea cakes, cinnamon pecans, popcorn party mix, and silver bell cookies). Can you say double chin?!

Here is Mom making her tea cakes. It was a tradition for us growing up that I want to carry on with my boys.



The boys painting them



The finished cookies! Yum-O!



On Christmas Eve, we let the boys open gifts from each other after singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and having some cake!





I hate I didn't get pictures of us all dressed up for Church! Guess we were just too rushed to stop for a picture. Here are a couple of pics from Friday night at Rhema. We love going to see the Christmas lights there! So fun!





On Christmas Eve, we found Sparky, the Elf, kneeling before Baby Jesus. So awesome that he chose to honor Jesus before heading back to the North Pole!



That night he left this note for the boys...



Christmas morning was lots of fun! The boys were so excited that Santa came!











Santa even brought Mimi and Big Daddy and Bart a stocking!



Guess Santa forgot my stocking at the North Pole! ;) He did bring me this though!



And these! :)



My Dad flew home on Monday morning and my Mom flew home on Tuesday morning. Bart was kind enough to let my Mom and I go shopping alone for a few hours on Monday. We had a great time going to the mall and Mardel (my Mom's favorite store). We had lunch out together and then came home to watch some movies with the boys. Mimi usually takes the boys to Hideway's Pizza when she comes while I am working. They usually go there and to a movie. It's become their little thing they do. They didn't make it to the movie theater this time, but we did manage to squeeze in Hideway's before she left!



A couple of funnies I want to remember about this Christmas...

Big Daddy is an EARLY BIRD! He decided to go for his morning walk on Christmas Eve around 5:50 AM! Oh, and did I mention it was 19 degrees outside???!!! BRRRRR!!! He couldn't find his gloves, so he used a pair of socks! Ha!



He was gone for over an hour and my Mom was starting to get worried. He called and I heard Bart saying on the phone, "No, that is not our house.". And then he said, "No, you are in the wrong neighborhood!". LOL! He got himself turned around! He managed to find his way back, but we had a good laugh at his expense!

Another funny...

Jack insisted Santa have a piece of Mimi's chocolate cake because it was so good! So instead of cookies, we left cake this year! Ha! Looks like Santa liked it!



And don't think for a minute Santa didn't eat that cake!! It was too good to go to waste! ;)

And one final picture...

This is what happens after you've been in the kitchen for 8 hours!



LOL! I was tired and that fudge was taking FOREVER! That was probably my first and last time to make my Mom's fudge! Now I know why it's SO GOOD! It is not easy to make! A recipe that requires a "rolling boil" to reach a certain temp, and "forms a ball in cold water", and "mix until it loses it's shine" is WAY TOO HARD for me! We had to eat it with a spoon, but it was still good! I think I'll leave the fudge making to Mimi from now on, though! :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope yours was as good as ours!

The Roberts

Comments

Popular Posts