A Letter to Judd

I am starting a new tradition of writing my boys a letter on their Birthday. I hope one day, they will enjoy looking back and reading them. I know I will!


Dear Judd,

How is it possible that you are 11 years old? WOW! Blows my mind to think about it! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were bringing you home from the hospital. These 11 years have been lots of fun, trying at times, stressful while trying to figure out this whole parenting thing, but mostly joyful! You have brought so much joy and love to our family! I could not imagine my life without you in it! I am so thankful God chose me to be your mother!

Judd, I always joke that you are my clone! You may look exactly like your Daddy, but inside, you are, without question, my son! We are so much alike it's scary at times! I can almost read your mind because we think so much alike! You are a very sensitive child! You take everything to heart and get your feelings hurt easily. While this makes life tough sometimes, it also is a great gift. It makes you very aware of others and their feelings. God has given you a gift of sensitivity for a reason! I pray you use it to see when others are hurting or are in need. I pray you use it to help you make the right decisions in life, thinking of how your words and actions effect others around you. Sensitivity is a very powerful tool to have! So many men are lacking this. One day, your wife will be very appreciative of you and your sensitive nature! You will be a better husband and father because of it! :)

This last year has been a great year for you! I have seen you come out of your shell so much! God has blessed you with so many friends! You are doing well in school!  You still like soccer and love basketball! I love watching you play! It's so much fun!

Your favorite hobbies right now are by far, without question, building legos and playing Xbox and the PS3. If you do not become an architect or an engineer one day, I will be shocked! You love building things with your hands and you can fix and figure out anything! If something is broken, I go to you first! You can usually fix it for me! :) You tell us you want to be a lawyer, and you may (you will argue with a rock), but who knows?! It will be fun to see what you become when you grow up!

You are trying to be a better big brother to Jack. I know it's hard sometimes because the "green eyed monster" appears and it makes it really hard to be nice to him when that happens! Just know that Jack looks up to you SO MUCH! He thinks you hung the moon and the stars too! He observes EVERYTHING you do! You have the ability to guide him in such a positive way because you are his big brother! I pray you will realize this soon and see that he loves you so much and wants to be JUST LIKE YOU! Knowing how your brother looks up to you so, I pray you will make good choices in life. I pray you live your life as a good example for him to follow. I pray that you two will be best friends one day. You are such a gift to each other! You don't realize this yet, but one day you will.

Judd, please forgive me when I have failed you as a mother. I fail you often! Unfortunately, you are our guinea pig! It's tough being the first child sometimes because we, as parents, are learning along with you. I know this because I am also the first child. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair, and it's not. Sometimes it seems like we are being too hard on you, and we probably are. Daddy and I just want you and Jack to grow up to be strong, loving, Godly men. It is our job to help you get there. In the process, we will make mistakes over and over again. Please forgive us when we do. I can promise you this, we mean well and we are trying our best! One day you will see how hard this parenting job is! (Right now you think being a kid is hard! You just wait! Ha!)

I love you, Judd! I love you to the moon and back! I love you with every ounce of my being! You are more than I could ever ask for in a son! You mean the world to me! I thank God for giving you to me! I pray you have a great 11th year! I pray you grow closer to God this year and desire to follow Christ in believer's baptism soon. You have asked Jesus into your heart, and I am so thankful for that! That is the best decision you will EVER make! You are not ready to be baptized yet and that's ok. I'll be here to go with you when you are ready! Please know that you can talk to me about ANYTHING! I may need a minute or two to research my answer (ha!) but I am always here for you! I love you so much!

Love,
Mama


P.S. You will always be my Monkey1! :)

Comments

Popular Posts