A Letter to Jack

I know I said beginning this year I was going to write the boys a letter on their Birthdays. Well, Jack's Birthday is 10 months away. That is a LONG time! I decided to go ahead and write him one as well. God forbid something should happen to me between now and November, I would hate that he didn't have a letter from me like Judd.

So, Jack, this post is for you!

Dear Jack,

After Judd was born, we weren't sure if we were going to have any more children or not. We tossed the idea around, but could never make up our minds. I am so thankful God decided for us!! He blessed us with our second baby boy on November 16, 2005! When I took my first look at you, my heart melted all over again and I knew our family was complete! I can not imagine my life without you in it! You complete our family!

Jack, you are such a character! You are a good mix of both me and Daddy. Some people think you look like me and others think you look like Daddy. We think you are a good combination of both of us! You have THE BEST hair and the CUTEST dimple I have ever seen! When you flash that dimple-filled smile at me, it melts my heart! You can get pretty much get anything you want from us if you show us your dimple! ;) You are so stinkin' cute!

Daddy says you are just like him when he was little. Oh dear! That makes me feel for Mee Maw and Pee Paw! They must've had their hands full! Ha! You are always up to something! You tend to find mischief quite easily! If your buddies are doing something "fun" you are right there in the middle! You strive to please, but your curiosity gets the best of you sometimes and leads to trouble! While you do follow your buddies at times, you are also a leader. Others are drawn to you and want to be your friend! I run into so many moms that tell me their child talks about Jack all the time. This makes me smile! You have the ability to lead others! I pray you will use this gift to lead others to Christ one day!

While trouble tends to find you quite often, you also have a very tender heart. If you know you have told a lie, or not been nice to me or Daddy, your conscious will usually bother you long enough to where you will come and apologize on your own. There have been many nights where we have put you to bed because of your actions and then a few minutes later I will hear little foot steps coming down the hall. It is you coming to apologize and give us a hug. I love this about you! I love that your heart strings pull so tight sometimes that you have to make things right. That makes me so proud!

Jack, you are ALL BOY! You shiver at the thought of pink! Your favorite colors are black and grey! I can always pick out your art work because it is the one with the least amount of color - ha! You LOVE to play with action figures, guns, swords, etc... You can make a "weapon" out of anything! You have a great imagination and can entertain yourself for hours! You have not found your favorite sport yet, but Daddy thinks you would made a great wrestler. That makes Mama a little nervous! I don't see the UFC in your future, although Daddy would love it! I know you are tough enough, but you are my baby and I don't want to see my baby getting beat up! I'm thinking I will encourage basketball or soccer. Those sound MUCH safer to me! ;)

I have no idea what you will be when you grow up! It would be so hard for this Mama to accept, but I could see you enlisting in the Army one day. You love to play war and get the bad guys! I don't know if you will choose that route or not, but it would not surprise me if you did. I just pray God's direction and protection on you whatever path you choose.

Jack, you are one funny kid! You make us laugh all the time! You don't really mean to be funny, you just are! You say exactly what's on your mind. This can be good and bad! You keep life interesting, that's for sure! We never know what you are going to say!

You also love to sing (not in a soloist kind of way). You are just always singing to yourself. You amaze me how many songs you know! I always joke that you can learn ANYTHING as long as you put it to a song! You are like me a lot in this way. I always have a song in my head as well! :)

Jack, I can't wait to see what God is going to do in your life! I know he has big plans for you! You are such a gift to us! You give the best hugs! You love with all of your heart! I'm so glad you will still let me "hold you" some times even though you are getting too big to be held. You will always be my little buddy! I love you so very much!

Love,
Mama

P.S. No matter how big you get, you will always be my baby!

Comments

Popular Posts