Day 3

I remember in the past that day 3 was probably the hardest day for me on the detox.  Last time, my energy was very low on day 3 and I had a pretty bad headache most of the day.  What made it so hard before was I had given up Diet Cokes.  That, my friend, is no easy task!  I'm so thankful that's behind me!  This time, I did experience really low energy for most of the day.  I also had a dull headache for 1/2 of the day.  It wasn't too bad, though.  I survived!  :)

Here is what my day looked like:

B'fast - 1 cup of coffee w/ff creamer, strawberry-spinach protein shake
Snack - greek yogurt, almonds
Lunch - black bean, quinoa/brown rice bowl with avocado and salsa (from home)
Snack - brown rice cake w/almond butter, peach
Dinner - choc-raspberry, spinach protein shake
Snack - handful of cashews

Water - About 64 ounces (not enough)
Exercise - 40 min on bike, biceps, squats


I think I did better regarding my eating yesterday.  I also managed to squeeze in a workout despite my low energy levels.  I must increase my water intake, though!  I'm not sure why this is a problem for me considering it's summer time and over 100 degrees out!  I will work on that today!


Side note....I find myself feeling cold most of the time.  I noticed this last time I did a detox.  I don't know if it's because of the cold protein shakes I'm drinking, or the water I'm constantly drinking, or my body getting rid of stuff, or what?  Whatever the reason, I found myself trying to get warm for most of the day yesterday.


So, I'll grab some water and a blanket and move on to Day 4!  Here we go!


Comments

Popular Posts