Day 5 - Headache, Anyone?

Okay, so I thought Day 4 was my hardest day so far.  I was wrong.  Day 5 kicked my tail!  I woke up with a dull headache and kept a dull headache ALL DAY LONG.  Besides a headache that wouldn't give, I was SO HUNGRY!  I could not seem to get satisfied all day.  You can tell by my food journal below.  I'm not counting calories right now, but if I were, I know I would've gone over my daily allowance yesterday!  On the plus side though, at least I made healthy choices.  Also a plus, I think I did pretty well for dinner considering I was at Bunco!  I passed on the jalapeno bacon wraps, pasta salad, yummy chocolate covered strawberries and sinful brownies Brooke had.  I think I should lose a pound for my self control alone on that one.  Those brownies looked SO GOOD!

So, here was my "not so great, but could've been worse" Friday...

B'fast - coffee w/ff creamer, strawberry-banana, spinach protein shake
Snack - Greek yogurt, almonds
Snack - protein bar (Thanks Erin!)
Lunch - brown rice cake w/almond butter, plum
Snack - protein shake (just powder and almond milk) 220 calories
Snack - cashews with dried cranberries
Dinner - pulled pork, raw veggies, bean chips w/ little guaq and salsa (Served at Bunco.  I brought my own chips.)

Exercise - 45 min cardio mix up (bike, stair climbs, boxing, step)
Water - 75 Ounces (better, but still need to increase!)

On to Day 6 (Saturday).  We have a date night planned tonight and are going to get sushi.  I should do fine as long as I don't allow myself to scan the menu too much.  I'll just order what I know I can eat.  I also plan to increase my workout today since I had too many calories yesterday.  I woke up with another stinkin' headache, but I'm going to try not to let it get the best of me.  I will be so glad when these pass!  They really do slow me down a lot.  I'm also not the most delightful person to be around when I have a headache.

Started reading this yesterday...


It's nothing deep, but Candace talks about her struggle with her weight and faith and how they work together to make her the best person she can be.  It's very encouraging and real.  I am also thankful for my friends that encourage me!  My dear friend Erin brought me a yummy, homemade protein bar to the pool yesterday.  It was just what I needed to make it until I could get home and have lunch!  She is very encouraging to me on this journey because she has done it before and also tries to live it every day.  I'm thinking of packing up and going to stay with her for a week so I can see how she gets her kids to eat so healthy!  ;)  She is an inspiration to me for sure!

Another great inspiration are my boys.  Jack told me yesterday that I didn't look pregnant anymore.  But then Judd piped in that I did still look "a little pregnant", but "only from the side". And Jack agreed.   Niiiiiice.  As much as I don't want to hear that, I would rather hear it from my boys than from a stranger on the street.  My biggest fear would be someone asking me "when are you due?".  Eeeek!  The day that happens, I will have my jaw wired shut!  Side note...Bart got on to them for telling me that.  He told them you should NEVER say that to a girl!  ;)

So, on to Day 6!

Comments

Popular Posts