Motivation Anyone?

I successfully completed Day 1 of my detox.  It was pretty uneventful and not very hard.  I did hear my stomach growl for the first time in a month.  Ha!  It's sad that I almost forgot what it felt like to be hungry.  I had a few "moody moments" but nothing too bad.  I know that will get worse in the next couple of days.

Since I'm documenting this for myself and others, here is what Day 1 looked like for me:

1 1/2 cup coffee with ff creamer
B'fast - protein shake with blueberries, almond milk and spinach
Snack - almonds, greek yogurt
Lunch - protein shake with raspberries, almond milk and spinach
Snack - brown rice cake w/ little almond butter
Snack - peach, few almonds
Dinner - turkey "taco salad" - seasoned ground turkey, lettuce, 1/2 avocado, tomato, with bean chips on the side
Snack - cashews with dried cranberries

Water - about 70 ounces (goal is 90 ounces)

Exercise - 45 minutes on exercise bike, sit ups

Ok, first of all for all of you "Arbonne drill sergeants" out there, I didn't say I was doing the "Arbonne Detox".  This is MY detox!  ;)  So, I will be having a cup of coffee in the morning with a little bit of ff creamer.  My family will thank me!  :)  Also, I love greek yogurt and the benefits from it, so I will be having a greek yogurt every day.  I personally believe it has great benefits for your body!

This probably looks like a lot of food for someone that's on a "diet".  Well, it probably is.  But again, it's my detox and I know what my body needs to feel sustained and keep my blood sugars level.  If my blood sugar drops, it's all over for me!  I can't handle the shakes!  They cause me to crash and make careless eating choices.  If that happens, I tend to eat everything in sight until I feel satisfied.  So, the goal is to not let myself feel that way.  Now don't get me wrong, it's ok to feel hungry and I did (especially in the afternoon and evening).  Feeling hungry is ok, being shaky is NOT ok!

Regarding exercise...I did mange to keep up my exercise routine while in Mobile until the last week.  When we were at my parent's house I averaged 35-40 min on the treadmill 5 days a week.  When we went to the Roberts' house, I walked one day and did some "step ups" outside 2 other days, but that was it.  My eating also increased that week.  Oops!  So, I'm not going easy in the exercise even though I am on a "cleanse".  I feel like I should be able to handle what my body is already used to even though I will have a drop in energy levels for the next week or 2.

Oh, and one last thing.  If I ever needed any motivation, I got it from my boys yesterday!  Jack told me I looked like I was pregnant!  When I looked at Judd, he agreed.  I did look "a little pregnant".  Oh, it's on now!!!  Those words will stick with me and get me through this month!  No girl wants to look pregnant when she is NOT!

Here's to Day 2!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts