The Fun is Over!

And by "fun", I mean summertime eating!  For the last month, all of the healthy rules I try to live by have gone out the door!  I knew they probably would while we were in Mobile.  Who can resist fresh, fried seafood, or Big Time Diner's southern veggies cooked in bacon drippings, or Mom's homemade bread and chocolate sheet cake, or Mee Maw's ice cream cake, or Kristie's peanut butter treats?  And the list goes on, and on and on...

I was scared to weigh when I got home.  I could tell by my waist that it had expanded a bit.  I was just afraid to know how much.  Well, I decided to face the ugly truth this morning and step on the scales.  Dum, dum, dum, dum......  I peeked with one eye and saw the dreaded number.  Granted, it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be, but it wasn't good either.  I ate myself a solid 5 pounds heavier while in Mobile.  Eeek!  While 5 pounds may not sound like that much to some, 5 pounds goes right to my midsection and makes a world of difference for me!  Those 5 pounds make or break an outfit for me.  They also make or break how I feel about myself.  Those 5 pounds have got to go!

So, before I gain anymore, I am kicking those 5 pounds to the curb (plus another 5) this month!  That's right, 10 pounds!  Going, going, gone!  Any more than that will be a welcomed bonus, but my goal is 10.  That's reasonable, right?  I am happy to say that Bart is joining in on the fun too!  It is SO MUCH easier for me to stick to the rules, when Bart is on board with me!  :)

So, as of yesterday, we started a 30 day detox.  We will have our healthy Arbonne protein shake twice a day and 1 healthy, gluten free meal and healthy, gluten free snacks in between.  We did this before and saw great results!  I actually was able to lose 20 pounds last fall by sticking to this plan.  It was hard work, but SO WORTH IT in the end!  I have never felt better.  It's not easy and the weekends will be especially hard, but I know we can do it since we are doing it together!

I am going to document this process for myself and so others that are considering doing it will know what it's like.  I won't lie.  There are some highs, but also many, many lows.  When you are ridding your body of processed foods, toxins and refined sugars, it is an ugly process, especially in the beginning.  The first week is the hardest and every week after that gets easier.

So, without further adieu, let's get started!

So long 10 pounds!  It was fun gaining you, but you have outstayed your welcome!  Bye bye!

Comments

Popular Posts