Day 11 - Going for Gold!


I wanted to switch things up a bit today and try to do some laps at the pool.  When we got there, 2 ladies were laying out in the sun.  As soon as my boys jumped in and started making noise, they grabbed their stuff and left.  Ha!  I was secretly glad they did because that meant we had the pool all to ourselves!  We didn't have very long to swim, but I wanted to get in and swim some laps.  I guess watching the Olympics has made me want to find my inner Missy Franklin or Rebecca Soni!  I did the butterfly, backstroke, breast stroke and free style. I imagined myself going for the goal!  Okay, not really.  I am FAR from the gold!  As a matter of fact, if anyone would've seen me, they probably would've jumped in to save me.  I probably looked like I was drowning!   Ha!  My butterfly needs some serious work!  ;)  At least I got my heart rate up for a bit and had fun doing it!  That's what matters, right?

And speaking of going for gold, I weighed this morning.  Can I get a drum roll please?

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd (that's my drum roll)

After 11 days of "cleansing" I am officially down 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!  YA-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am more than pleased with that!  I was hoping for a 3 pound loss, so I was SO EXCITED when I saw I had a 5 pound loss!  This puts me down to what I weighed before leaving for Mobile.  That means I need to lose 2 more pounds to be my lowest weight I was last year.  I only have 5 more pounds to lose to reach this month's goal that I set for myself.  I would ultimately like to lose 10 more, but I am taking it one day at a time.  I don't want to do it too fast, because we all know where that gets us.  I want to do it slow, so I can maintain it.

Here are my stats from yesterday.

B'fast - coffee, choc/raspberry/spinach shake
Snack - almonds, greek yogurt
Lunch - choc/raspberry/spinach shake
Snack - 1/2 cup coffee (don't judge)
Dinner - black beans/brown rice bowl with avocado
Dessert - peach

Exercise:  20 min on bike, swam laps in the pool
Water:  Between 70-80 ounces (I stopped measuring)

I am pretty stoked going into the weekend.  I just have to make sure I don't do any "celebratory eating" this weekend.  I am guilty of that at times, which makes no sense, I know!  I have to keep my head in the game and keep "reaching for the gold"!  :)

Side note...Bart is down 10 pounds so far!  Yay!!  Go Bart!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts