Day 18


B'fast - coffee, shake
Snack - nuts and dried cranberries
Lunch - shake
Snack - rice cake w/1/2t pb, greek yogurt
Dinner - big salad and rotisserie chicken

Exercise:  body pump, bike
Water:  Around 70 ounces

Day 18 was MUCH better for me!  The "hungry hippo" went away and I didn't find myself thinking about food all day.  Maybe it was because it was a busy day.  Probably.  I feel like I did much better today compared to the last 2 days!

I decided to weigh this morning and I am down another pound.  Woo-hoo!  I'll admit, though, I was hoping for 2.  I know the rotisserie chicken I had last night probably had a good bit of sodium in it, but I don't know if I was retaining an entire pound from it.  Either way, a pound is a pound and I'm glad I'm down another one!  :)

We have decided to take a little weekend trip to Oklahoma City this weekend for one last bit of summer fun before the boys start back to school.  In the beginning, I had decided to stay strong on my eating guidelines and not waver at all, even though it will be hard.  I think I have decided to allow myself a modified cheat day, though.  There are a couple of reasons for my doing this.  First, in the past, when I have mixed things up a bit, I have had a loss in weight.  I think it tricks your body when you do this.  It works only if you take a day or 2 off and then get right back on.  Any longer than that and the pounds will start creeping back on.  Second, it's really hard to be on vacation (even a mini weekend vacation) and "diet".  It just is.  Third, I want to.  So, I plan to relax my rules a little this weekend.  Not completely!  Just a little.  Hopefully, I won't regret this decision on Monday.  I will make sure and drink lots of water and try to squeeze in a workout in the hotel gym while we are there!

I'll check back in on Sunday night or Monday.  Until then, I'll be having some fun with my boys!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts