Day 23 - Back in the Groove!

I am back in the saddle again.  I won't lie, the weekend was fun.  I love eating things that are not healthy.  Why is that?  I guess because I am not supposed to have them.  It's kind of like the forbidden fruit.  Only I didn't eat fruit.  If it were fruit, it would've been ok!  ;)  Well, I did eat some fruit, but not much.  Anyway...

Moving on...

I weighed.  No loss, no gain.  Whew!  I guess the exercise helped.  I weighed the day before (but didn't record it) and I was up a little.  I panicked!  I was embarrassed!  I was ashamed.  I cannot flush all of my hard work down the toilet after one weekend of fun, mindless eating.  Okay, it wasn't completely mindless, but it wasn't great either.  I knew the gain was more than likely water retention and thankfully, I was right!

I am sort of glad I had that little scare on the scales.  It was a great reminder of why I need to stay on task and make every bite count.  I need to make sure I am eating to fuel my body and not eating because it tastes good at the moment.  That is easier said than done because this girl LOVES to eat.  It's a constant battle for me.  I feel so  much better when I am eating healthy.  SO MUCH BETTER!

Here is yesterday's diet diary.

B'fast - coffee, shake (w/fruit and spinach)
Snack - cashews, greek yogurt
Lunch - shake (w/fruit and spinach)
Snack - brown rice cake w/homemade almond butter (thanks Erin!)  ;) coffee (Needed it)
Dinner - turkey-brown rice bowl with 1/2 avocado

Exercise - 1 hour cardio (bike, stair runs, boxing, jump rope)
Water -  Around 70 ounces

Moving forward with "tunnel vision".  I CAN do this!  I WILL do this!

Love this...




Comments

Popular Posts