Jack's First Sleep Over!


This picture has nothing to do with this post except to show what a mess Jack is!

Jack's friend, James, had Jack and another one of their good buddies, Cooper, over for a sleep over last night.  I won't lie.  I was pretty nervous sending him to someone else's house without Bart or myself there to keep him in line.  He has spent the night with family before, but that is it.  I don't have to worry about Judd when he is away because Judd is very polite, uses his manners, gets along well with others and eats pretty much anything you put in front of him.  Jack on the other hand is......well, he's Jack.  He has to be reminded to use his manners daily, he's not always polite, and he is a very picky eater!  I had a MAJOR conversation with him before I took him!  He was so excited, so I am sure that conversation went in one ear and right out the other.  

I dropped him off at 5:00.  I could tell Jack was sad for me to leave when he pouted that he was only getting to stay 1 night instead of 2.  He also asked me not to stay and talk to James' mom.  He wanted me to go ahead and leave.  Yeah, I could feel the love!  ;)

James' mom texted me a little later in the evening and asked me if Jack would eat pork chops.  (Oh, dear!)  I told her to give him some ranch and call it chicken and he would eat it.  (I was crossing my fingers!)

The next morning, I texted James' mom and asked her if she survived the night.  She texted back "barely ;)".  Uh-oh!  

I went and picked Jack up around 9:00 and let's just say that James' mom looked pretty happy to see me!  :)  She said they behaved for the most part, but had some issues taking turns while playing the Xbox.  She also said she thinks Jack liked the pork chops last night.  And then that's when my sweet, little, polite boy shouted out, "No, I didn't!".  sigh......  (If he says these kinds of things in front of me, I am nervous for what he says when I am not around!)  James' Dad asked him if he liked organic milk at breakfast and Jack said no.  To Jack's surprise, though, he did like organic milk (just not the cereal they poured it over).  sigh....

At bedtime, James' dad set up a tent for the boys in the family room, but they decided they were too hot in there.  They asked if they could sleep in James' room instead, so he said yes.  Jack started out in James' "drawer bed" with Cooper.  It's a trundle.  Jack wasn't comfortable, so James' Dad made Jack a "nest" on the floor to sleep in.  Jack wasn't comfortable there either, so he asked James if he could sleep in his bed instead, so they switched places.  Then, Jack was hot, so James' dad turned the fan on for him.  He was still hot, so James' Dad turned it up higher.  He was then finally able to go to sleep.  Oh my goodness!  I am so embarrassed just typing this!

One other thing I must add, is they made s'mores last night after dinner.  Most kids would love this!  Well, Jack doesn't like s'mores (shocker!).  So, while they were roasting marsh mellows, Jack asked if they had any hot dogs.  So, they went and got him a hot dog since he didn't eat much of his pork chop (I mean "chicken") at dinner.  So embarrassing!! 

The moral of the story is.......Jack is not quite ready to be trusted at a sleep over just yet!  I think he needs another year or 2 to get his manners in check and mature a little.

I bet James' parents broke out into a happy dance when they saw our van pull out of their driveway!  ;)



Comments

Popular Posts