My 1st Grader

As much as I can't believe I have a 6th grader this year, I also can't believe my baby is in 1st grade!  I must've blinked because they are growing up so very fast!  Too fast!!

Jack has been so nervous about starting 1st grade.  Bless his heart.  I tried to talk it up so he would be excited instead of nervous.  He just couldn't shake those butterflies, though.

He was so scared to go meet his teacher.  I showed him a picture of her in the yearbook and he said, "That's the mean one!".  I was surprised because she looked super sweet to me.  We talked about why he thought she was mean (he saw her getting on to some boys in the hall last year).  I explained that those boys had probably done something to get into trouble and needed to be punished.  He agreed.

When we went to meet his teacher, Jack refused to hold my hand on the way in the school!  Little booger!  He also didn't want to get out of the car because I made him wear a "fancy shirt", aka a shirt with a collar.  ;)  He was embarrassed to go in like that!  Ha!  What a mean Mom I am!

When we got to his classroom, Jack was so glad it was right next door to the nurse's office!  He said, "If I puke, at least I won't have to go very far!".  Silly boy!  He was also very happy to see his buddy, Braden, is in his class this year.  That made me feel better too!  :)

After meeting his teacher and seeing his classroom, he was more excited and a little less nervous about school.  The nerves came out again the morning of his first day, though.  He admitted that he was so nervous he was going to have to take a test.  I'm not sure where he got that from (probably his brother).  Then, he wanted to know what a test was. ;)  He was also afraid the teacher would ask him how to spell elephant and he wouldn't know how.  LOL!  Bless his little heart.

Here he is at meet the teacher in his "fancy shirt".


My little, big boy!  :)


And here he is on his first day!


Going in his classroom the first day.


He said the first 2 days were pretty good.  He told me he cried a little after lunch the first day because he missed me.  :(  He said nobody saw, though.  My sweet baby!  Love him!  He is growing up so fast!

Comments

Popular Posts