Go Mattie, Go!


The University of Alabama's volleyball team  played The University of Arkansas last night in Fayetteville.  Since it's only 2 hours away (or a little less if Bart is driving) we decided to go!  We were so excited!

Arkansas has a really good team (in the top 10) so we knew it was going to be a great game and it was!  AL lost in the 5th match.  It was a nail biter!!  Mattie started and got to play the entire time!  She did so good!  I was one proud aunt.  I am sure everyone else there knew that too since we were one of 3 Alabama families there.  That's right, only 3!  LOL!  Don't think that stopped us from cheering loudly for our Mattie, though!  I am sure those Razerback fans thought I was nuts! Ha!  And speaking of those Razerback fans... If they called those hogs one more time, I was gonna have to scream!  I told an Arkansas friend I would join in the cheer for her, but I just couldn't do it.  I just couldn't.  (Sorry ShaRhonda!)  ;)  Still love you!  :)

The Razerback mascot.  He was a hoot!


The band was very entertaining!


Bama introductions! #RTR!  Go Mattie, #8!






Hard to get a decent pic with the bright lights!  Judd's eyes are closed in this one, but it's the best one I got.  Our Mattie is 6 foot 3.  She makes us look short!  ;)  The boys were SO EXCITED to see her!


Kristie was watching the game live at home.  She kept seeing the boys in the bottom part of the screen.  Ha! She sent me this pic so the boys could see they were on TV!  They loved it and started "hamming it up" for the camera!


What a fun night!  We drove back last night (got home after midnight).  It was worth it, though!  We love you Mattie!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts