We're Going on a Camp Out!


We wanted to do something fun with the boys for Fall Break, so we decided to go camping at Green Leaf State Park.  It's only an hour away and it's beautiful this time of year when the trees are changing.  The weather was supposed to be perfect, and it was during the day!  The night time, however, got MUCH colder that we thought it would!  We didn't sleep much at all.  At one point, Bart looked at the thermometer and it read 30 DEGREES!  YIKES!  No wonder I couldn't get warm!  I told Bart I would NEVER do that again!  Nothing lower than 50 degrees for me from now on!  If Judd was still in Scouts, he would've gotten his "Polar Bear" badge for sleeping in that.  Ha!

We had a great spot on the lake!  We did a little fishing off the dock, paddle boating, hiking, playing on the camp playground and  just sat around camp telling ghost stories, eating s'mores, etc...  It was fun!

I forgot my camera.  Ugh!  So, all of my pictures were taken with my phone.  I didn't get many because the reception out there was terrible.

This is my "room with a view"!  


Pretty Fall colors!

The camp chef!  He always makes yummy camp food!  We had burgers for dinner and eggs and sausage for breakfast!


Jack and I on the paddle boat.  


Bart, Judd and Max were on the boat too.  It was just hard to get pics of all of us. We look like we are having fun here, it actually wasn't the highlight of our trip.  We had WAY TOO MUCH weight on our little paddle boat and the wind was rough!  We got a great workout despite Bart complaining the entire time!  It was my idea.  He wanted to canoe.  We should've canoed instead!  ;)  He will never let me live that down, I'm sure! 

Trying to catch some fish off the pier!


Judd, getting our camp fire started!  He loves doing this.  It's always his job!


We had a good time, but it was great to get a shower and sleep in my own bed last night!  :)





Comments

Popular Posts