This is "My Story"

I have not done a "from the heart" post in quite a while.  I don't know why.  If I was a writer, I'd guess maybe "writer's block".  I'm not a writer, though, so I can't use that excuse.  I suppose I have just been busy.  I have been wanting to write about some things that have been going on in my life, but just haven't been sure how to begin.  Every time I think about writing lately, I quit before I even get started.  I feel like I have things that I need to get out in the form of writing or typing, but I'm just not sure how to do it.  Even though I am not a "writer", I do love to journal my thoughts and feelings.  It can be very therapeutic for me.  I also love the idea of being able to encourage someone else.

I read this post from a dear friend today and it nearly stopped me in my tracks.  It was like Missy wrote it about me (well, except for the Presbyterian and singing part).  ;)  She hit the nail on the head for me in so many ways.  Her post inspired me to journal again.  I love to journal!  I NEED to journal!  I must write "my story" if for no one else, but myself.  If you would like to read as I write, please join me.  Just ignore all of the grammatical errors that are sure to be found. ;)

So, for the 3 people that read my blog....Forgive me for the long, wordy posts that are sure to follow.  I am going to journal "my story" in several different parts.  I think it will be too long for one post.  

Today, I give you Part 1.

"The Move"

We built a 3,000 sq ft house.  I had more room than I ever dreamed I would have in a house.  We had 2 children and we made our house a home.  Our house sat on almost an acre of land.  And while we had the benefits of the big city only 30 minutes away, we lived out "in the country".  It was nice.  Very nice!

I had so many friends!  Good friends!  I lived a mile and a half from one of my best friends and Judd's best friend at the time.  My other good friends were not more than 15 minutes away.  We had play dates often.  We had a really good group of Mom's with children (all boys) the same age.  It was a group I could depend on.  They were true friends!

We were active in Church.  The Church we attended served as our family away from home.  It was the Church we needed at that time in our lives.  It was our extended family.  We were blessed to be a part of a great Sunday School class, with a wonderful teacher, who took each couple and their family in as their own.  We felt like we were part of something.  It was a real sense of family.

We served in the Church.  Bart sang in the choir and I served in a leadership role in the preschool ministry on Sunday mornings.  We helped plan parties and events for our Sunday School class.  We had a purpose.

We were very comfortable in our lives in Georgia.  Life was good.

Then it happened.

I will never, EVER forget that day.

Bart had that familiar look in his eyes.  I know that look!  I had seen that look before.  He gave me "that look" when we moved to Atlanta from Slidell.  He gave me "that look" again when he moved us from the north-east side of Atlanta to the west side of Atlanta.  That look scared me!  That look made me very nervous.  I did not want to see "that look" again!  I was very happy where I was.  I loved my life in Dallas, GA.  This is where I wanted to raise my children.  I refused to let him give me "that look" again!  I was not going anywhere this time.  Period.  End of sentence.  Case closed.

But he did give me that all too familiar look.  And I will never forget the words that came out of his mouth.

"How do you feel about Oklahoma?"

to be cont...





Comments

  1. Where's part 3??? I'm looking forward to the good part! Carrie Sowell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nudge! I started it, but have not had time to finish it! I'm going to do that this weekend! :) Oh, and thanks for reading! Wasn't sure anyone other than my Mom read it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts