Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas!  Between the baking, parties, shopping, etc... it was lots of fun!  The icing on the cake, was having my Mom come on the 27th.  We had such a nice time with her!

These pics were all taken with my iphone, so they are not the best quality, but I wanted to document/share anyway!  :)

Jack had a great time at his class Christmas party.  Sadly, Judd didn't have a party.  When you get to middle school, you trade in parties for exams.  Yuck!


I surprised the boys with Christmas donuts one day.  They were a hit!


Jack was in the 1st grade Christmas program at school.  It was long, but cute!  ;)  I have more pics on my camera that I will have to post later.


The elf came back to visit again this year!  Jack had fun looking for him each morning!


Our crooked Christmas tree!  Yes, those are blue lights (the boys choice).  I wanted all white, but Judd reminded me that "it wasn't all about me".  Haha!  I may have said that a time or two!  ;)


We made tasty treats to share with friends!






We had fun making snowmen and Christmas tree sandwiches for lunch!


The boys made a ginger bread house with Miss Natalie again this year.  It has become a tradition for them!


We took the boys to the Christmas Train.  It was so much fun!


Can you see them up on the ropes course? 




We kept to our Christmas Eve tradition and went to the candle light service at Church and then went to get Mexican. 




Afterwards, we drove through Rhema.  It's always a treat to see their lights!






Look!! Santa came!












Our traditional Christmas breakfast!


We had friends over for Christmas dinner.  It was so much fun!  We had turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, fruit salad, rolls, tea, chocolate cake and pecan pie.  It was yummy!













And this is how Santa felt the day after Christmas....


We were so excited to have Mimi come on the 27th!  Her coming to Tulsa completed our Christmas!

We got to see some snow fall while at the Olive Garden on her first day here.  Sadly, though, it didn't stick.






We had fun playing board games with Mimi!  Headbands was a favorite!




One of the highlights of Mimi's visit was her teaching me to make homemade cinnamon rolls and bread!  She has been trying to get me to learn for years (and so has Bart)!  When I got a Kitchen Aid mixer during Thanksgiving (thank you Kristie), I knew I had no more excuses!  ;)



Isn't that pretty?  It was yummy too!  My house smelled like heaven!



And the bread!  I was very proud of myself!  Ha!


Bart was nice enough to give Mom and I a girl's day of shopping and a movie!  We had a great time!


After Church on Sunday, Mom treated us to the Cheesecake Factory!  Yum-O!




My salad. I don't think it was big enough!  LOL!


Red Velvet cheesecake!  YUMMMM!


It was sad taking Mom to the airport on New Years Eve, but we were so thankful for our time we had with her in Tulsa!

That wraps up our Christmas this year!  We are very blessed!

New Years post coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts