Happy New Year!

We had a quiet New Year's Eve and New Year's Day around here and that was just fine by me!  The weeks before were so busy, so the quiet was a nice change of pace.  I admit to being a little jealous of some of the parties my friends and family went to on New Years Eve.  But when 10:00 rolled around, I was SO GLAD I was at home in my pajamas!  I am just not a night person at all!  Ha!  So, we spent the night at home playing games, watching movies and eating.  Some of my favorite things to do with my favorite people!  Some of us made it to midnight.  Some of us did not!  ;)

This pretty much sums it up for us...



On New Years Day, we went to the Cracker Barrel for brunch and ran a couple of errands with Bart.  We spent the rest of the day in our sweats at home playing games, watching the Rose Bowl Parade and watching  football.  I did make a traditional southern New Year's Day meal for us that night.  Bart and I thought it was yummy, but the boys weren't big fans.


I made a chocolate Kalua cake for dessert.  It was really good!  I have to share this little funny...  When Judd found out it had alcohol in it, he didn't want any.  Ha!  He said it had drugs in it (hence the Kalua).  LOL!  I sure hope he takes that kind of stand when he's a teenager!  ;)


The holidays were great, but it's time to move on!  All of the Christmas decor has been put away.  The left overs are almost gone.  It is time to refocus and get back to eating healthy and getting back on a work out schedule.  As you can see from all of the food pics, we have not been eating very healthy this last month!  I saw this and thought it pretty much hit the nail on the head for me...


Haha!  So, now it's time to get those extra pounds off that were gained over the last month!  It was fun gaining them, but the fun is over!

So, here's to getting back on track with my eating and exercise!  Besides eating healthier, my other resolutions are as follows:

1.  Be a more "hands free" me!  Meaning less time on my phone and computer, and more time with my family.  I want to be fully present.

2.  Seeking God's will for my life and being brave enough to follow where He leads me, no matter what His will is!

On that note, Happy New Year!

Here's to a great 2013!


Comments

Popular Posts