The "Awkward" Stage

I think that's the only way to describe this stage in adolescents.....Awkward.
You know what I'm talking about?
They start to lose that "baby face" but don't have a mature, post puberty face yet.
They don't quite know how to handle their changing bodies.
You can't fill them up.  They are like a bottomless pit.
They stay up later at night, and sleep later in the morning.
They are too big to hang with the little kids, yet aren't quite old enough to hang with the teenagers.
They think they are funny.  Boy, do they think they are funny!  LOL!
They want to be cool and say "cool" stuff.  They try really hard.  Ha!
They aren't ashamed of their mothers just yet, but you better not try to kiss them in public.
They are starting to get brave with their words and tone of voice they use.  They can be very sarcastic.
They have opinions of their own and are not afraid to voice them!
Oh, and don't even think about taking a picture of them in front of their friends!
They start brushing their teeth and hair without being told when going somewhere (this is good)!
Did I mention their bodies are changing?
They are just awkward.
That's the only way I know how to say it.
 They will grow out of this phase in a year or 2, but for now, they are a breed of their own.

We have one of those breeds in our house right now. He would kill me for writing about him.  But, I just can't help myself.  It cracks me up!  I want to remember this time years down the road.

Something else that starts to happen in this "in-between" stage, is pimples.  Well, he (I'm not naming any names), got his first pimple this week.  It was a doozy too!  Right on the tip of his chin.  He could not leave that sucker alone to save his life!  Well, he came up to me yesterday and told me his best friend also has his first pimple.  He (the best friend) took a picture of it and sent it to him so they could compare.  Nice.

Like I said, "awkward" stage.  Haha!

Help me, Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts