Guns and Roses


We had a not-so-typical Valentine's Day this year.



The day started pretty normal.  I made the boys heart shaped cinnamon rolls and I attempted heart shaped bacon.  Lets just say the heart shaped bacon was another Pinterest FAIL!  As Judd said, though, it's the thought that counts!  ;)  Thanks Judd!




We exchanged cards and candy and Bart even got me a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft!  He knows me well!  He told me the day before, not to get him anything for Valentine's Day, so I listened (for the most part).  I did get him a card and a small box of See's candy.  I knew he had been really counting his calories, so I didn't want to sabotage his hard work.  That's all I got him, though.  After all, I didn't want to show him up if all he got me was a card.  ;)



Well, I admit, I was a little embarrassed when I saw the cards, the 2 boxes of See's Candy (one from him and one from the boys), and a gift card.  I felt bad for not getting him something more than a small box of candy and a card.  :(

The day went on and I found myself eating chocolate every few minutes.  This is what my breakfast and lunch looked like.  Ha!



Can you say sugar high?  My, oh my!

Around 6:00PM, the doorbell rang.  To my surprise, there was a stranger standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers FOR ME!  Are you kidding me???!!!

I WAS SHOCKED!

Let me back up a bit.... Many years ago, I told Bart I didn't like getting flowers.  I thought they were a big waste of money.  You know what?  The boy listened to me that day and has not gotten me flowers since!  I admit, I missed the flowers.  Sure, they were a waste of money, but it was still nice to get them.  I figured he must've known this and decided to really surprise me this year!

What a sweetie!!



Now, I felt even more terrible.  Not only did I not get Bart much of anything, I was also feeding him eggs and toast for dinner since I was working (how romantic am I?)...NOT!

This is what our poor kids got that night.  A frozen pizza cut in the shape of a heart.




When Bart got home, I ran to give him a BIG hug and kiss and thank him for my beautiful flowers

...and then it all started to come together for me.

(Insert me shaking my head right here.)

The boy was standing there holding a rifle as tall as Jack, with a huge grin on his face.

(Insert me shaking my head again.)

So......THAT explains all of the cards, gifts, and flowers!

I should've known he was up to something.

The boy knew what he was doing all along!

Sneaky!

He said that the new gun was his Valentine's Day gift.

Nothing says "I love you" like a brand new rifle, hu?

Here is the boy and his new toy.


Does he look tough, or what?!  Haha!

I guess if he's happy, then that's what matters!  I love my candy and roses and he loves his gun!

Like I said, not a typical Valentine's Day, but I wouldn't trade it (or my Valentine's) for the world!  Love them more than words!

Side note....

We had our family Valentine's dinner the next night.  I made a shrimp bisque.  It was so good!  It was a hit with all of my boys!


Bart did take me out on a real date Sunday night.  We went to dinner and a movie!  It was nice!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts