Gettin' Healthy


Jack came home from school today, grabbed 4 Oreos and then went outside to play.  (Remember the Oreos as you continue to read this post.)  He was outside for a good while, so I went to check on him.  He asked me to throw the baseball with him, so I did.  While we threw the ball, we chatted.  Our convo went something like this...

Jack:  Mom, what's for dinner?
Me:  Chicken
Jack:  Oh good!  Is it the healthy kind?
Me:  Yes, it is!
Jack:  Good!  Cuz the kind you cook in oil is not the healthy kind.
Me:  Nope!  It's not!  That's why I don't make that kind.  And that's why it's not good to eat fast food very often.
Jack:  Yeah, like McDonalds.  The french fries aren't healthy either.  They cook them in oil.  Not the oil you put in your car to make it go, the other kind.
Me:  You are right.

-Long Pause in convo while playing catch.-

Jack:  Mom, I think I'm hungry for a cheeseburger from McDonald's now.
Me:  Remember, we are having "healthy chicken" for dinner.
Jack:  Oh yeah.

He said they learned about good foods and bad foods at PE today and how to keep their bodies healthy.

I went inside to finish dinner and he stayed outside for another 15 minutes.  When he came in I said, "Wow!  You sure were out there a long time!".  He said, "Yep, just gettin' healthy!".

Ha! Love it!

Now fast forward to dinner time....He gobbled his "healthy non-fried" chicken up.  As for the minuscule size broccoli I put on his plate....I had to threaten him within an inch of his life to get him to eat that tiny sucker!  Ha!

I guess "gettin' healthy" only goes so far!  ;)

Love that kid!



Comments

Popular Posts