Help Me, Rhonda!



A glimpse into life with teenagers, perhaps???  Well, minus the stuffed horse in the background, of course!  ;)

I have clearly let my guard down over Spring Break.  (Oops!)  When the boys each had a friend over, I mentioned there were sodas in the extra fridge in the garage.  I pictured them all getting one, placing them on the kitchen table when not drinking.  Then, returning to the kitchen table to take a sip here and there.

YEAH RIGHT!!

When I heard burping noises that could deafen an animal, and heard someone say, "this is my 3rd Dr. Pepper (in an hour, mind you)", I figured it was time to intervene!  

What you see in the picture wasn't even all of them!  I didn't want to be that weird Mom taking pictures, so I was trying to be discreet!  ;)  Haha!  By the way, I am pretty sure they already think I am that weird Mom!  ;) (It could be because of my awesome dance moves, or my ability to make anything rhyme, or my love of singing too loud in the car).  I would never embarrass them like that, though!  ;)

I was trying to get the family room back to normal, instead of looking like a college dorm or bachelor pad, before the Moms arrived to pick up their boys....but no.  As luck would have it, the Moms both showed up 15 minutes earlier than I expected!  Oops!  Sorry Kris and Shappley!  Will you please let the boys come back if I promise to stock my refrigerator full of organic juice and coconut water next time?  ;)  I promise we don't normally have an "open soda bar" at our house! Seriously!!  I mean it!

I learned a big lesson on this day.  I learned to NEVER turn 4 boys loose in a refrigerator stocked with soda.  I learned that 3 cans of Dr. Pepper can make for some serious, record breaking burps.  But mostly, I learned that boys are awesome!  Well, I already knew mine were awesome, but I learned the others are too.  Why are they so awesome?  Because they are easy!  They entertain each other so well!  I love the idea of having them hang out at our house more and more as they get older!  The girls can come too, but they have to keep the drama at their houses.  One thing is for sure...Boys may be full of energy (and gas), but they are not full of drama!  I will take the burping ANY day of the week over drama!  ;)

Here's to life with boys!

Comments

Popular Posts