Papa Russ


Our precious Papa Russ went to be with Jesus this morning.  While I am selfishly sad, I take comfort in knowing he is with Jesus in Heaven now.  Praise God!  

We will miss stopping by to see you when we go to Mobile, Papa Russ.  It just won't be the same.  And I will miss hearing your deep, raspy "bull dog" voice when I call to check on you.

You were more than a "step" grandfather to us, Papa Russ.  You were  the man who fell in love with my sweet Granny after you both lost your spouses.  You filled a hole in each other's hearts.  I will be forever grateful for the love you showed my Granny in her last 8 years of life.  You both brought so much happiness to each other.  It was truly a fairy tale love story written by God.






When I think of a saint, Papa Russ, you come to mind.  You read your Bible every day and night.  You served until your frail, 90 year old body wouldn't allow you to serve any more.  I remember you telling me one time, "You are never too young or too old to serve".  And you were right!  You led by example.  What a testimony you were to everyone that knew you!

We love you Papa Russ!

P.S.  Please give Granny a big hug for me!  I know she was there at the gates of Heaven today waiting when she heard you were coming! 

Love you! We will miss you dearly!  :)



Comments

Popular Posts