Tentacles, Testicles...Same thing, right?


I took the boys for their 7 and 12 year old well visits last week.  I was so nervous they would throw me under the bus about their poor diets, watching too much TV, or playing too many video games.  One of them (by the name of Jack) may, or may not, have done that last year. Well, I was determined not to let that happen again!  I made sure everyone had carrots, strawberries, apples and spinach the week prior to their appointments.  That way they would remember all of the good things I feed them, not just the bad stuff they like to eat!  ;)  I also made sure I enforced our limited game and TV time the week before the appointment  so they would be reminded that their Mom does not let them play too many video games! (No way!)  I might have kicked them out of the house to play outside a time or two.  Oh, and they may have even run some laps around the pond a few times that week (for good measure).

They were NOT going to make me look bad this year!

I took them to their appointment pretty confident in my parenting skills this time.  Well, as confident as one can be with 2 boys.  Those boys would remember how healthy their Mom feeds them and how active I encourage them to be.  There would be no throwing me under the bus this year! No way!  :)

Well....wouldn't you know.....the doctor didn't even ask us any of those questions?!!  Can you believe that? I was ready for, "How many hours a day do you watch TV and play video games?".  Or, "Do you eat fruits and veggies on a regular basis?".  But he didn't ask any of those questions.  Not a one! I was shocked!   All of that meanness for nothing, I guess.  Ha!

Oh well.  (It was good for them!)

All had gone well with the appointment, even the part where the doctor had to check their testicles (he had me turn my head for that part, which I was happy to do).  Jack thought that was HILarious, though!  He laughed and laughed about it!  And laughed some more.

Wishing I had waited in the hall during that part!  ;)

Just as I thought we made it out of the appointment with no behavior issues and nobody embarrassing me, the doctor asked if anyone had any questions.

And that's when it happened.

Dum. Dum. Dum.

Jack raised his hand.

(GULP!)

Oh dear.

And that's when he said it.

"Um, why did you have to touch our tentacles?"

Yes, he did.  

Tentacles.

Oh me, oh my!

That boy!

He never ceases to surprise me!  :)

Next year, Daddy is taking them for their well visits.

The End.

Comments

Popular Posts